This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here.

I'm concerned about my data. What do I do?

If you are concerned about your data or want to explore a connection between your genetics and your medical history, you should contact your physician or other healthcare provider. Speaking with someone knowledgeable about clinical genetics is the best way to make sure that you have a clear understanding of what your data means for you personally. In some cases, your primary care physician may be the best place to start. In other cases, you might prefer to speak with a genetic counsellor or a medical geneticist -- health care professionals who specialize in hereditary conditions and who are specifically trained to help people understand their genetics in the context of personal and family history.

If you are interested in connecting with a genetic counsellor we have provided links to counselling resources by region below:


Was this article helpful?
2 out of 3 found this helpful

Didn't find what you were looking for?

Submit a request

Ask a question through Facebook or Twitter

Or call 1-800-239-5230
Monday through Friday, 3:00am to 8:00pm PST/PDT